• 1⁄2 cup (113g) unsalted butter, softened
• 1⁄2 cup (105g) brown sugar, packed
• 1⁄3 cup (65g) white sugar
• 1 large egg, room temperature
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 1 cup (125g) plain flour
• 1 tsp ground cinnamon
• 1⁄2 tsp ground nutmeg
• 1⁄2 tsp baking soda
• Pinch of salt
• 1 1⁄2 cups (135g) rolled oats
• 1 cup diced firm Sweet persimmon
• 1⁄2 cup (55g) roughly chopped walnuts
• 1⁄2 cup (85g) white chocolate chips
• Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line two large trays with baking paper.
• Using an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugars together on a medium speed for 1-2 minutes or until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla extract and beat until just combined.
• Sift in the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda and salt, then add the rolled oats and mix until just combined. Gently fold in the diced persimmon, walnuts and white chocolate chips.
• Drop heaped tablespoons of the cookie dough onto the prepared baking trays, flattening them slightly into thick discs (these cookies don’t spread out too much in the oven).
• Bake for 15 minutes or until the cookies are lightly golden.
• Remove from the oven and allow cookies to cool on the baking tray for 5 minutes before
• transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Recipe credit: Recipe created by Marie Duong for Persimmons Australia