“To profitably and sustainably produce a quality product, to grow the demand for sweet persimmon for a range of domestic and export markets, and to ensure the product is marketed and promoted to the best advantage for growers”.
By 2013, the Australian Persimmon Industry will have improved the ability of its growers to conduct a profitable enterprise by:
- using best practice management to increase orchard productivity and reduce costs of production
- using best practice management to overcome fruit quality constraints
- improving confidence along domestic and export supply chains by providing a consistent supply of quality fruit
- increasing demand in domestic markets by increasing consumer awareness
- maximising export opportunities.
Log onto the members section for information on the Persimmon industry. If you do not have a username and password, please contact us.