• 1 tbsp lime juice (1⁄2 lime)
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 1 garlic clove, minced
• 1⁄2 tsp ground chilli
• 1⁄2 tsp ground cumin
• 1⁄2 tsp salt
• 1⁄4 cup coriander leaves, finely chopped
• 2 chicken thighs, skinless and boneless
• 1⁄4 red onion, finely diced
• 2 tbsp lime juice (approx 1 lime)
• 2 tsp chilli flakes
• 2 firm Sweet persimmons, diced
• 1 cup coriander leaves, finely chopped
• Salt & pepper, to taste
• 1⁄2 cup brown rice, uncooked
• Baby cos lettuce leaves
• 200g black beans, drained
• 200g sweet corn, drained
• 1⁄2 avocado, peeled, deseeded and sliced
• Whisk together all marinated chicken ingredients in a medium bowl. Add chicken thighs and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes if time permits.
• Meanwhile, cook rice as per package instructions. Keep warm until ready to serve.
• Make the persimmon salsa – Toss all ingredients together in a medium bowl. Season generously with salt and pepper. Set aside.
• Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add marinated chicken thighs to the pan, smooth side down, and cook for 5 minutes. Flip and cook for a further 6-7 minutes or until golden and no longer pink in the middle.
• Transfer chicken to a plate and loosely cover with foil to rest for 5 minutes.
• To assemble the burrito bowls, divide the rice between two bowls and top with chicken, lettuce, black beans, sweet corn, avocado and persimmon salsa. Serve immediately.
Recipe credit: Recipe created by Marie Duong for Persimmons Australia